Private Universities in Jharkhand
A good number of private universities got established in the last 2 decades providing world-class amenities with a better study environment for students. The standard of each Private university is increasing in order to get the tag of the best Private University in Jharkhand. As per the latest notification by the UGC there are a total of 16 UGC recognised private universities in Jharkhand. These Universities are competent to award degrees as specified by UGC under Section 22 of the UGC Act.
Through this article, we endeavour to provide students with all necessary information related to the private universities at one place. Help them compare between the options that are available and decide what suits best to their needs and goals. The below table provides primary details of all 16 Private Universities in the order of the year they were established.
|Serial Number||University Name||Establishment Year||Address||Official Website|
|1||The Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India University.||17.06.2008||Plot No. 2065, Daladali Chowk, Simalia, Near Ring Road, Ranchi-835222.||ICFAI University Jharkhand|
|2||Jharkhand Rai University||02.02.2012||Raja Ulatu, Namkum, Ranchi – 834010||Jharkhand Rai University|
|3||Sai Nath University||27.04.2012||Chandway – Kuchu Road, Jirabar, Ormanghi, Ranchi – (835219) Jharkhand||Sai Nath University|
|4||Usha Martin University||16.07.2013||Village Narayansoso, Near Angara Block Office, Ranchi – Purulia Highway, Angara, Ranchi – 835103, Jharkhand||Usha Martin University|
|5||AISECT University||13.05.2016||Matwari Chowk , Infront of Gandhi Nagar Maidan, Hazaribag, Jharkhand||AISECT University|
|6||Amity University||13.05.2016||City Campus, Nivaranpur, Main Road, Ranchi-834001, Jharkhand.||Amity University|
|7||Pragyan International University||16.05.2016||Piska (Near Toll Plaza NH – 33), PO – Ichadag, PS – Ormanjhi, Ranchi – 835219, Jharkhand||Pragyan International University|
|8||Arka Jain University||04.07.2017||Mohanpur, Gamharia,Distt – Seraikela – Kharsawan,State – Jharkhand, Pin – 832108||Arka Jain University|
|9||YBN University||04.07.2017||Power Grid Road Rajaulatu, Namkum, Ranchi, jharkhand – 834010||YBN University|
|10||Sarla Birla University||20.07.2017||Birla Knowledge City, P.O.- Mahilong, Purulia Road, Ranchi- 835103||Sarla Birla University|
|11||Netaji Subhas University||19.09.2018||Pokhari,Near Bhilai Pahadi, Jamshedpur,Jharkhand||Netaji Subhas University|
|12||Ramchandra Chandravansi University||19.09.2018||Nawadihkala, Bishrampur, Palamu-822132, Jharkhand||Ramchandra Chandravansi University|
|13||Capital University||11.10.2018||Subhash Chandra Bose Chowk, Chitragupt Nagar, Jhumri Telaiya,Distt. Kodarma , Jharkhand||Capital University|
|14||Radha Govind University||11.10.2018||Radha Govind Nagar, Lalki Ghati, District : Ramgarh, Pin : 829122||Radha Govind University|
|15||Ram Krishna Dharmath Foundation University||06.12.2018||Argora – Kathal More Road, Opposite Water Tank, Dhipatoli, Pundag, Ranchi, Jharkhand – 834004||Ram Krishna Dharmath Foundation University|
|16||Srinath University||03-09-2021||Dindli, Adityapur, Jamshedpur, Jharkhand 831013||Srinath University|
A Glance at Universities– Below are given additional details for the students to get better information on courses offered, the admission process, fees etc.
The Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India University – The Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India University, Jharkhand popularly known as The ICFAI University Jharkhand. The University, is included in the list of universities maintained by the University Grants Commission (UGC) under Section 2(f) of the UGC Act, 1956, vide Notification No.F.8-17/2009 (CPP-I) dated December 16, 2009.
Courses Offered – The University offers a number of educational programs in management, finance, banking, insurance, accounting, law, information technology, arts, commerce, Engineering and science & technology at Bachelor’s and Master’s levels in regular mode, besides PhD Program (Part time) in Management and Diploma Program in Technology (Polytechnic). In order to provide hands-on skills to the students, Internship / Project in industry is mandatory part of all programs.
Admission Process- Applicants can apply online by filling up the Application Form available at www.iujharkhand.edu.in and make payment of Rs. 500 towards the cost using Credit / Debit Card (Visa / Master Card / Internet Banking) through secure internet payment gateway. Applicants applying online should upload their passport size color photograph while filling the Online Application. The Prospectus will be sent to such applicants.
Jharkhand Rai University– Jharkhand Rai University (JRU) has been established under “Jharkhand Rai University Act, 2011” by Jharkhand State Legislature as per section 2(f) of UGC Act 1956. JRU is also a member of Association of Indian Universities (AIU), Association of Commonwealth Universities – London and an ISO certified University, (ISO 9001:2015).
Courses Offered– The University offers Diplomas, Undergraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Degrees and Doctoral programs in various disciplines.
Admission Process- Applicants can apply through online and offline mode:
Online – Application form can also be downloaded from the JRU website (www.jru.edu.in). The duly filled in application form in black/blue ink in Capital Letters without overwriting along with the Demand Draft of Rs. 550/- drawn in favor of ‘Jharkhand Rai University’ payable at Ranchi should be sent to the admission office.
Offline – To apply for admission applicants should contact the admission offices or the JRU Campus in Ranchi; The admission form are available at admission offices of Jharkhand Rai University, or the JRU Campus in Ranchi at a fee of Rs. 500/-
Sai Nath University– The University, has been established and incorporated by Jharkhand State Legislature through its official Gazette and recognized as per section 2(f) of UGC Act, 1956.
Courses Offered– The university offers courses in different disciplines like Engineering, Education, Physical Education, Pharmacy, law, Social Science, Travel 6 Tourism, Hospitality, Allied Health, Management, Communication, Jewellery Management etc. rolled out in phases.
Online- Applicants can apply through the Link “Apply online” and duly fill the form. For online payment click the separate link “Pay online”. After depositing requisite amount for registration/course fee, applicants are required to WhatsApp the payment details to Mobile No. 7280800503/8092684811 to University account section.
Offline– Admission forms can be obtained from the office on all working days from 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. Forms can also be obtained through Registered Post, with separate Postage Charges. The Admission are made purely on Merit Basis. The selected candidates have to take admission by depositing the required amount within the stipulated date, failing which the seats are allotted to next meritorious candidates. Any further information regarding admission shall be displayed on the Notice Board/Website.
4. Usha Martin University– Established in 2012, under the Jharkhand Act 2012. The University Grants Commission of India has recognized Usha Martin University under the UGC Act 1956 as a self-financing State Private University empowered to award certificates, diplomas and degrees.
Courses Offered- Usha Martin University offers admissions to wide range of degree programmes ranging from Bachelors to Post Graduate, Ph.D, M.Phil, in addition to diploma programmes. Usha Martin University aims to facilitate its students to select avenues as per their career goals and interest from among our MBA, BBA, B.Com, B.A (English), B.Sc. (Agriculture), BA (Journalism and Mass Communication), B.Sc. (Physiotherapy).
Admission Process- The admission process of Usha Martin University is fairly easy. The applicants need to download the admission form for the selected programme from the website and send the filled-in form to offices in Ranchi and Patna at the addresses given on given on the website.
5. AISECT University– AISECT University in Jharkhand is one of the leading private universities. The university was established in 2016 by the AISECT Foundation under the AISECT University Act. AISECT University in Jharkhand is one of the few universities that focus on vocational training and skill development training.
Courses Offered A wide range of courses in both technical and non-technical subjects are offered at the university. All the courses are offered at the undergraduate, postgraduate and diploma levels. Students can enrol in one course at a time. The university offers courses in both distance and regular modes of education. All the courses are kept engaging and interesting by incorporating workshops and seminars into the curriculum. Guest lecturers are also invited to the University Conferences and seminars.
Admission Process- Admissions for non-technical courses are based on merit and on a first come first serve basis. Admissions for technical courses are based on AJEE scores. The admissions are open every year from March to August. Applicants can apply online by filling in their details on the website of the University. Once the form is filled and submitted online the payment can also be done online or offline the bank details for payment purposes are available at- https://www.aisectuniversityjharkhand.ac.in/admissions/payonlinefee
6. Amity University– Amity University Jharkhand is a part of a 20-year-old, leading education group of India, set up with a vision to build the nation and the society by providing total, integrated, and trans-cultural quality education and to be the global front runner in value education and nurturing talent in which Modernity Blends with Tradition.
Courses Offered – The University offers a number of educational programs in management, finance, banking, insurance, accounting, law, information technology, arts, commerce, engineering, and science & technology at Bachelor’s and Master’s levels in regular mode. Industry integrated curriculum helps the students get industrial exposure, hands-on experiential learning and projects, understand global business practices, and nurtures them as future industry leaders.
Admission Process- The University has a Direct Admission Process, Students securing 80%+ aggregate marks in Class XII (CBSE/ISC/State-Boards of 2019/2020/2021) are exempted from the selection process. Selection will be only on the basis of the Amity Application Form. The application Form is available online at a cost of Rs.1, 100/- . Applicants can fill and submit the application form online. They need to upload a soft copy of the class X mark sheet and recent color passport size photograph. Payment is to be done online through a Credit/Debit Card.
7. Pragyan International University– Pragyan International University, Ranchi, Jharkhand, has been established by the Government of Jharkhand vide Act No. 11 of 2016 as per Sec 2(f) of UGC, Government of India. The Act received assent of the Governor of Jharkhand and was published under the Government of Jharkhand Gazette Notification No. 312 of 2016, dated 16th May, 2016. Pragyan International University has been established by Pragyan Foundation, a Not-For- Profit Institution based out of Kolkata. The Trustees of Pragyan Foundation (Sponsoring Body) have been actively engaged in the field of education since 1991.
Courses Offered – Pragyan International University (PIU) Ranchi, established in 2016, is is the world’s first Government Recognized University to offer specialized programs on Wellness, Spirituality, Yoga, Heritage, and Peace. The Institute offers a number of courses in various fields including Health Science, Medicine, and Humanities & Social Sciences. The Institute also has tie-ups with more than 125 Indian and Foreign Institutions.
Admission Process- Pragyan University releases both online and offline applications. The admission is on a merit basis and a first come first serve basis. Students are advised to keep their eye on the website in the month of March and April for admission date confirmation.
Online– The candidate needs to visit the official university website for filling the application form. The candidate needs to provide the necessary information for the application form. Then the candidate needs to pay the online application fee.
Offline– The applicant needs to visit the campus. The university has an application fee of INR 400 which is non-refundable.
8. Arka Jain University– ARKA JAIN University, is fastest growing university of Jharkhand and the 1st Private University of Kolhan Region, is a unit of JAIN Group, Bengaluru. ARKA JAIN University, Jharkhand is established by the JHARKHAND State Legislature under “The ARKA JAIN University Act”, recognized by UGC.
Courses Offered – The University offers Diplomas, Undergraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Degrees and Doctoral programs in various disciplines. A wide range of courses in both technical and non-technical subjects are offered at the university.
Admission Process- The University releases both online and offline applications.
Online – Fill online form on the website www.arkajainuniversity.ac.in and Pay Rs. 650/- online. Download the dully filled application form and visit the admission office or university campus at the earliest. Once the documents are verified by university admission officer, pay the 1st Instalment of fees through demand draft / by card swipe at POS machine (any type of cards).
Offline- Collect the application form and prospectus in person by paying Rs. 600/- at the admission office. Address: D-28, Danish Arcade, Opp Asian Inn Hotel, Dhatkidih, Jamshedpur, State – Jharkhand, Pin 831001 or University campus situated at opp. to Kerala Public school, Mohanpur, Gamharia, Dist. – Seraikela Kharsawan – 832108. Submit the duly filled form with 1st installment of your fees through demand draft / online payment / any type of card.
9. YBN University– The Govt. of Jharkhand had created a new Private University under the name “The Y.B.N University” situated at Ranchi in the state of Jharkhand vide its Gazette No.505 17th July’2017, as per the provision of the Act.
Courses Offered- The University offers Diplomas, Undergraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Degrees and Doctoral programs in various disciplines. A wide range of courses in both technical and non-technical subjects are offered at the university.
Admission Process- Applicants can apply online by filling in their details on the website of the University. Once the form is filled and submitted online the payment can also be done online or offline the bank details for payment purposes are available at the website.
10. Sarla Birla University – Sarala Birla University is a self-financed private unitary university. The Sarala Birla University Act. 2017 (Jharkhand Act. 13, 2017) has been passed by the Legislative Assembly of Jharkhand in 2017. The Sarala Birla University Act 2017 has been published in the Jharkhand Gazette on 4th July vide the Law Department Notification No. 504 dated 4th July 2017. As per the Act 2017 the Management of the university is carried out by a Board of Governors headed by Smt. Jayashree Mohta, Honorable Chairperson, Bharat Arogya & Gyan Mandir and the first Chancellor of Sarala Birla University.
Courses Offered- The University offers Diplomas, Undergraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Degrees and Doctoral programs in various disciplines. It also offers certification programs.
Admission Process- Applicants needs to register and apply online by filling in their details on the website of the University.
10. Netaji Subhas University – The university is established under Jharkhand State Private University Act 2018. Netaji Subhas University is the first premier and one of the best University in Jharkhand.
Courses Offered – The University offers Diplomas, Undergraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Degrees, and Doctoral programs in various disciplines. A wide range of courses in both technical and non-technical subjects are offered at the university. The current academic curriculum as well as the industry requirements help the students not only to acquire academic but industry specific knowledge. To help students in personal grooming, special sessions are held on business etiquette, negotiation skills, and effective communication. Special classes are held on leadership, teamwork and analytical skills.
Admission Process- Firstly, candidates have to register for admission by filling forms online on college website. Candidates have to bring the admission form along with the required documents to the college. The college will verify the documents and approve the admission on the NSU admission portal. After the approval of admission, candidates have to login again and make the online admission fee payment to confirm their admission.
11. Ramchandra Chandravansi University – RCU has been setup by Ramchandra Chandravansi Welfare Trust (RCWT) which was registered in the year 2006. Since its inception, the mission of the founding fathers has been to spread education to ordinary citizens of India, particularly those hailing from backward regions of the state of Jharkhand and India. With very humble beginning of two Intermediate Colleges 15 years back, RCWT has transformed itself into a diverse and excellent educational complex of technical, professional and medical related academic institutions.
Courses Offered- The University offers Diplomas, Undergraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Degrees and Doctoral programs in various disciplines.
Admission Process- Admissions in all programmes of university shall be made on the basis of merit in Entrance Test conducted by university. However, in case of non-conduct of entrance test due to one or the other reason or lesser availability of candidates, admissions shall be made on the basis of merit in qualifying examination. Applicants can apply online or offline.
Online – Applicants can register and apply online by filling in their details on the website of the University.
Offline – The applicants seeking admission to a particular Course in the University need to correctly fill in the Form. The Application form is available with the Prospectus and also at the University office. The application form must be properly filled up and submitted along with a bank draft to the University office. The bank draft will be in favour of the particular institute where the student wants to study. For more details contact the University office.
12. Capital University – Capital University, Jharkhand is established by the Government of Jharkhand as per Section 2(f) of UGC Act 1956 in 2018. Capital University Jharkhand (CUJ) is a non-profit global university. CUJ was established as a philanthropic initiative of its CCSE Society. CUJ is one of the few universities in Asia that maintains a 1:30 faculty-student ratio and appoints faculty members from India and different parts of the world with outstanding academic qualifications and experience.
Courses Offered- The University offers Diplomas, Undergraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Degrees and Doctoral programs in various disciplines, including Agriculture, Aviation & Para Medical fields.
Admission Process– Applicants can apply online by filling Student Registration Form online on the website of University. Once the form is filled and submitted online the payment can also be done online or offline the bank details for payment purposes are available on the website.
14. Radha Govind University– The University is located in a rural area in co-existence with the natural environment. It aims at empowering the youth of Jharkhand with vocational and skill development training. RadhaGovind Shiksha Swasthava Trust was Established in 19th August 2013 at Ramgarh Cantt by Sri Baijnath Sah in the sacred memory of his father Late Sri Govind Sah and mother Late Smt. Radha Devi.
Courses Offered- The University offers Diplomas, Undergraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Degrees and Doctoral programs in various disciplines. It also offers certification courses in Child nutrition, Weight Management and Renal Nutrition.
Admission Process- Applicants can apply online by filling Online Admission Form online on the website of the University. The username and password shall be shared through SMS and Email.
15. Ram Krishna Dharmath Foundation University– RKDF University is Government recognized, established under the Jharkhand Government Act & approved by the State Government. RKDF University has been notified by Government Notification No. 1077. In the year 2018. The founder decided to establish an institute for quality education and initiated “Ayushmati Education And Social Society” trust. The six universities and social society as established by Ayushmati Education are RKDF University, Bhopal (2011), Sri Satya Sai University of Technology & Medical Science Sehore (2014), Sarvepalli Radhakrishna University, Bhopal (2015), Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam University, Indore (2016), Bhabha Univerity, Bhopal (2018), RKDF University, Ranchi (2018)
Courses Offered- The University offers Diplomas, Undergraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Degrees and Doctoral programs in various disciplines including Public Health by offering Masters in Public Health program.
Online- Applicants can apply online by creating an online account and fill Admission Form online on the website of the University.
Offline – To apply, the applicants need to contact the admission office or can fill the form and get inquiry. Applicants need to buy the admission form, from the admission offices of the University, Ranchi at a fee of Rs.1000/- only (Rs. 2000/- for Ph.D Course). Application form can also be downloaded from the RKDF website (www.rkdfuniversity.org). The duly filled-in application form in black/blue ink in Capital Letters without overwriting along with the Demand Draft drawn in favor of ‘RKDF University, Ranchi’ payable at Ranchi should be sent to the admission office.
16. Srinath University– Established recently as a unitary, teaching and residential university, The University is duly recognised by the University Grants Commission under Sec. 2(f) of UGC Act 1956 as a self-financing Private University. Srinath University is a subsidiary of SANDHYA SHAMBHU EDUCATIONAL TRUST.
Courses Offered – Srinath University offers a wide range of programmes across disciplines and at various levels of Diploma, UG, PG and Ph.D programmes.
Online- Fill the online form on the website www.srinathuniversity.ac.in and pay online. Download the dully filled application form and visit our admission office or university campus at the earliest. Once the documents are verified by university admission officer, pay the 1st Instalment of fees through demand draft / by card swipe at POS machine (any type of card)
Offline- Collect the Prospectus and Application Form in person by paying at the admission office. (Address: Majhitola, Adityapur, Jamshedpur, Jharkhand 831013 Phone- 0657 238 3113 / 7004211426.) Submit the duly filled form with 1st installment of your fees through demand draft / online payment / any type of cards